Decide on a Promising Topic
What interests you? Remember, you'll be living with this topic for a while!
- Take a day or two to look at resources
- Read an encyclopedia or other short article.
- Browse books in the library.
- Is there enough information? Be sure you have at least one really good source.
- Is there too much information? You might need a strategy for picking just a few relevant sources.
Read for the Overview
Publication Date: 2000-02-28
This 4-vol. set supplies the in-depth information about the American Revolution that students and researchers need for class assignments and reports.
Publication Date: 1999-10-27
The Colonial America Reference Library provides students with the comprehensive information on the Colonial American period they need to write reports and class assignments including biographical profiles and primary source documents.
Extraordinary American Indians
Publication Date: 1992-10-01
Discusses the lives and accomplishments of outstanding Native Americans from the eighteenth century to the present, including Wilma Mankiller, Billy Mills, Sacagawea, Louis Ballard, and Will Rogers.